It’s over. It’s finally over. It took a month to make the game, and I wouldn’t say it’s finished, but given the deadline, I’m proud of what we ended up doing..
You can download the game at the Unsealed Microsite. (It’s a work in progress, i’ll relaunch it next week, as I’m still tired from the last push).
The last few days were hectic, with me sleeping as late as 4am and waking up 8am to head to work for 4 days straight. While many would just scoff and say they’ve done worse… I hadn’t, and it hurts.
Day 29: I fixed the meteor dojo thing by displaying a picture of the dojo on top of the rendered map. It’s a dirty trick I decided to pull due to lack of time. After that, I ended up redoing Chapter 1 and 2′s story as feedback said it wasn’t good. Wyverii helped me rewrite the story’s dialogue, and provided me with some writing tips I hadn’t considered. I added a couple of extra Spells, and Laura surprised me with a new battle sprite: Shura!
Day 30: Lastplacer sent me the final maps that would be used. I worked on the final boss, a giant, evil Lion made by Cookiez. I then proceeded to add some Sound Effects and work on that Licensing Thing to give proper credit to everyone that helped make the project. I hope I didn’t miss anyone.
Day 31: Final day. I added some Sand Snakes and the TubaTurtles as enemies. KPKarl popped in and mentioned some bugs I had that stopped the game from working on OpenJDK 1.6. Thanks KPKarl! I fixed them. I worked on that final scene, and decided to make Shura an actual, fighteable enemy. In the end, I didn’t have time to add a proper ending to the game, so I just rushed a crappy final scene, and then added a pair of PNGs as the credits. I wish I had more time to do a proper credits scene, giving credit to all the LPC Artists instead of just writing a vague “LPC Artists”. I proceeded to upload the game, when KPKarl once again comes shining and tells me that I shipped the wrong version: That Chapter 3 skipped straight to the boss fight because I was testing something out. Damn, 30 minutes before the deadline, I fixed that, and a couple of last minute bugs, and uploaded the final project.
There’s 49 games competing in the Liberated Pixel Cup, so I know it’ll be tough. I had fun working on the game, but for now I’m extremely tired and would like to rest for the weekend. I decided that I’d like to play and package for Fedora (If possible) those 49 games, so you can look forward to reading about other competitor’s games.