Continuing the coverage of my Liberated Pixel Cup entry game…
Day 15: Made the hero be able to change position, to a shielded one. Also, the shield slightly drains her mana. It’s been 3 days since I added this and it already feels like I did this a long time ago. Also, started fixing a couple of bugs regarding weird-sized Tablets like my Nook Color, but I’m still not there yet. Finally, started spawning random, unmovable enemy clams.
Day 16: Made WASD Control the character (Along with the arrows). Also, we now display the clam’s HP, though it could definitely be improved. I also refactored some of the code that was duplicated on BattleHero and BattleEnemy and moved it to the BattleEntity class. Finally, made a video where we club some clams. I also started working on a Magics package, where all the Magical Attacks such as fireballs and shields will be called.
Day 17: I ended up moving all the code from “BattleHUD” (Which was a Stage2D) back into the BattleScreen where it should’ve been. I updated the nightlies too, because I read about a couple of changes, and I feel that updating nightlies and fixing what’s broken when it’s broken makes it less of a monumental task than waiting for the official release. I made the clams attack and defend themselves, where they took their revenge. Finally, I made the hero shoot fireballs (And now the fireballs do the collision detection, not the hero).