(Did you check out the Battle System post yet?)
Day 12: Working on Spritesheets has got to be the most mind-numbingly boring thing I can do. I dislike doing this, but it must be done. I did a bunch of spritesheets as well as actually write a crappy “How to run this incomplete game” and a “Credits” section which might be incomplete at times, but I am trying to keep it up to date. Lastplacer started mapping the first town.
Day 13: Updated the libgdx nightlies again. There seems to be less crashes when reloading now. Made the new buttons that are going to be used on the Android Version. Drawig begun working on the OverworldScreen, animating characters and the like. This gives me hope that I won’t end up shipping a “Visual Novel” sort of game. I made more assets, like the lifebars (Fixed by Laura!), the trigger buttons and other battle system assets. I begun working on the actual battle code. Lastplacer did the very awesome Battle Maps that we’ll be using.
Day 14: I couldn’t get much work done today. It was my Mom’s birthday! Cookiez did manage to send me an initial version of what the hero will look like when attacking and I proceeded to turn it into a Spritesheet. I begun refactoring some of the obviously hardcoded battle code and turned it into a “BattleHUD”, then proceeded to make all buttons clickeable on Android. Finally, I added a Timer, so that we can slowly fill up the Mana Bar, and as an example, I added a functional Shield, that drains your mana while you’re trying to block an incoming attack.