Day 9: I started cleaning up the code on the New Game Screen (The CharSelect one). I also started working on the Battle Screen. Of which I can show you some progress! The images at this point were of a hundred static sprites all tiled around quite nicely. I thought it was totally lame until a friend ran the project and said: Woah, look at the frame rate! A shiny, consistent 60 FPS despite the insane amount of sprites on-screen.
Day 10: Lastplacer did a sample map, which we’re totally going to use as some sort of beginner’s dungeon. Also, further improved the battle system a bit. It’s been fun working with this. You can move around your side of the grid, the HP bar follows you around, and it also follows the female character around. I think I’m gonna cut the lifebar‘s height a bit, before it looks too cluttered when facing several enemies. Also, re-skinned the buttons to match the LPC theme made by Pennomi.
Day 11: I did absolutely nothing, code related. Not because I didn’t want to, but because I had a ton of work at work, and had to stay out late for an off-hours upgrade of a server… and it didn’t go as smoothly as planned, so that ended up burning my dev hours, however after much deliberation, I think we’ve got a pretty solid battle system thought out, but the details of this will be reserved for the next blogpost… Dun dun duuuuuuuuun!