Day 5: I upgraded everything from the old 0.9.4 libgdx to the new libgdx 0.9.6. It doesn’t sound like much, but there’s been a massive amount of changes, and even for a very very small project, I had to change a ton of things and this makes me a sad panda. I couldn’t have done this would the help of the awesome people hanging out at the #badlogic IRC Channel at APIStudios.com
Day 6: I worked on some Spritesheets and moved the Options and Menu code a bit, as the previous port left is quite ugly. Worked on the Battle Screen as well as a New Game Screen. Getting some progress done. Did some layouts on paper so I can concentrate on actually making them show on-screen.
Day 7: Dammit. It’s been a week and still no playable game. I’m starting to lose hope, with mostly minor changes showing up here and there. On the bright side, I managed to display a massive image without losing any frames, so libgdx is fantastic. On the down side, my Dell Studio 1555 is starting to tear off piece by piece, I can no longer close the lid in fear I’ll be unable to open it again. I hoped the laptop would last me through July (For the duration of the contest), but I’m already looking at an alternate laptop to get this one in the Shop and continue working on the game uninterrupted. I spent a lot of time making backups on Sunday to migrate to a HP Probook from work. Right before heading to bed, an old Bear showed up on IRC and after talking for a while, offered his help for this project. A New Hope, I call it.
Day 8: Probook’s pretty darned awesome. Further cleaning up some code, and some spritesheets.I did some sample gifs because I’m trying to decide which animation to use when Lidia (Our heroine’s name) will use when casting all sorts of spells.. Feedback’s welcome, as well as actual usable spritesheets, as doing these consumes an awful lot of code time . As the Magic 8-Ball would say… “Outlook not so good”.